Improve the energy efficiency of your home with a FLIR thermal imaging camera and the FortisBC draft-proofing kit.
HOW THE SEE THE HEAT PROGRAM WORKS
- A FLIR camera may be borrowed by any Thompson-Nicola Regional Library (TNRL) patron in good standing.
- At home, follow the instructions in the guide provided to attach your smart phone to the camera. A separate app is required.
- Take some time to walk around your home to locate the highest energy loss areas – dramatic colours indicate greater thermal differences. Take a “before” picture.
- Use FortisBC draft-proofing kit. Use the camera to take some “after” pictures to see the improvement.
- Return the FLIR camera to your TNRL branch so the next patron may enjoy it. The FortisBC draft-proofing kit is yours to keep!
- Visit See The Heat Program Survey to complete a quick survey for the chance to win a prize.
ENERGY RETROFIT DRAFT-PROOFING KIT
With each camera checked out, library patrons will receive a FortisBC draft-proofing kit containing:
- Plastic window insulation.
- Electrical switch and outlet insulator.
- Door and window weatherstripping.
To view tutorial videos on how to use these items, visit the City of Kamloops’ See The Heat web page.