A Book Club Kit is a plastic bin with multiple copies of the same title. Our kits are chosen by our staff but we also welcome patron suggestions. We try to maintain a diverse collection of titles, from a variety of genres, that we think you will enjoy discussing.
Each kit usually includes:
- 10 copies of the same title.
- 1 audio copy of the title (if available).
- Sign out sheets.
- Tips for being a book club leader.
- A short author biography.
- General book club discussion questions.
- Specific discussion questions for this title (if available).
- One member of your book group will need to take responsibility for the Book Club Set and any lost or damaged items. The set will be checked out on their library card.
- Borrowing a Book Club Set is free to anyone who has a TNRL card in good standing.
- Due to limited quantities and high demand, the sets have an six week loan period with no renewals.
- A club is limited to two sets at a time.
- You may return the Book Club Set to any Thompson-Nicola Regional Library.
- The entire set must be returned together (all print & audio copies, the information folder and bin).
- Please return the set to the Library’s Welcome Desk, not through the book drop.