A Book Club Kit is a plastic bin with multiple copies of the same title. Our kits are chosen by our staff but we also welcome patron suggestions. We try to maintain a diverse collection of titles, from a variety of genres, that we think you will enjoy discussing.
Each kit usually includes:
- 10 copies of the same title.
- 1 audio copy of the title (if available).
- Sign out sheets.
- Tips for being a book club leader.
- A short author biography.
- General book club discussion questions.
- Specific discussion questions for this title (if available).
- One member of your book group will need to take responsibility for the Book Club Set and any lost or damaged items.
- Borrowing a Book Club Set is free to anyone who has a TNRL card in good standing.
- Due to limited quantities and high demand, the sets have an eight week loan period with no renewals.
- A club is limited to two sets at a time.
- You may return the Book Club Set to any Thompson-Nicola Regional Library.
- The entire set must be returned together (all print & audio copies, the information folder and bin).
- Please return the set to the Library’s Welcome Desk, not through the book drop.
- Late charges for the set are $1.00 per day.