The Thompson-Nicola Regional Library strives to build collections that broadly reflect community interests. We appreciate your suggestions.
Before making a suggestion for purchase, kindly consider the following:
- Check to make sure it isn’t already available in the library catalogue.
- Suggested materials must fit into TNRL’s Collection Development Policy.
- Titles published in Canada within the last two years will be considered. See our Interlibrary Loan page to learn how to request older books not in our system.
- Popular print titles, titles by best-selling authors or the next title in a series the library already carries will be automatically purchased.
- Current release DVDs, as well as classic films and TV series will be automatically purchased.
While all suggestions are considered, we are unable to fulfill every request or respond back about potential purchases. If your suggested item is purchased, a hold will be placed for you.
Personal information is collected by the TNRD under the authority of the Library Act and the Local Government Act. The information provided will be used to issue a library card, contact you about reserved material, retrieve overdue Items, calculate administrative statistics, and update administrative records. Disclosure of personal information by TNRD is subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about collection, use or disclosure of personal information by TNRD, please contact: Manager of Legislative Services, TNRD, 300-465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 2A9, 250-377-8673 or by email to email@example.com.