With winter right around the corner, there is no better time to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Did you know that you can borrow a FLIR thermal imaging camera and FortisBC draft-proofing kit from the TNRL, free with your library card? It’s true, thanks to our See the Heat program, a partnership between the City of Kamloops, FortisBC and the TNRL!
For video tutorials on using the FLIR thermal imaging camera , click here, or follow the instructions below:
1. Open the kit and plug in the camera to ensure that it’s charged.
2. Download the free FLIR ONE app from your app store.
3. Connect the fully charged camera to your smart phone.
Note: Android phone users may need to use the adaptor provided.
4. Open the FLIR ONE app and follow the directions for using the camera.
5. Begin the Simple Energy Evaluation: walk around your home to locate the highest energy loss areas. Dramatic colours indicate greater thermal differences. Take some “before” pictures.
6. Use the FortisBC draft-proofing kit to Keep the heat inside your home! Use the camera to take some “after” pictures to see the improvement
7. Return the FLIR camera to your TNRL branch so the next patron may enjoy it. The FortisBC draft-proofing kit is yours to keep!