Join in our musical Storytime with your very own homemade guitar!
- An empty tissue box (rectangular if possible)
- An empty paper towel roll
- 4 medium long elastic bands
- Scissors or knife
- Decorative items (paint, stickers, buttons, pompoms)
- Step One: Begin by removing the cellophane from your kleenex box
Step Two: Trace the end of the paper towel roll on one side of your tissue box.
Step Three: Cut out the hole and put in the paper towel roll. This is the neck of your guitar.
Step Four: Add Rubber bands by stretching them longways around your tissue box. Add them so there are two on each side of the neck of your guitar.
Step Five: Decorate! Tape, glue, stickers, paint, markers, what ever you have on hand – get creative with it!
Step Six: Play and Enjoy!
Bonus Activity: Check out this link on how to make other fun and easy instruments at home!