With winter fast approaching, we are happy to see the finishing touches on the Ashcroft Library. The refresh is now complete!
Big thanks to Brian and his team from Kemp Concrete for installing our garden beds, all ready for spring planting!
We also now have a picnic bench right outside the front doors, perfect for sitting and enjoying the free Wi-Fi on warmer days!
If you’ve visited lately, you’ve likely noticed our land acknowledgement inside!
Everyone is welcome at the library. We can’t wait to see you soon!
Have you heard about the exciting updates we’ve made to the space? The newly renovated Ashcroft Library now includes the following features:
- The Service Extender is a first-of-its-kind program in B.C.; this program was introduced in northern European libraries and two eastern Canadian library systems
- The program allows patrons to visit the library beyond regularly-staffed hours, doubling the opportunity for library visits from the current 26 hours to 52 hours per week
- Patrons can check out items, use Wi-Fi and public computers, use study spaces and hold meetings
- Technology has been developed in-house by TNRL staff and IT staff
- The program is currently undergoing testing in advance of being fully implemented at the Ashcroft Library
- An additional 325 square feet of public space
- Improved layout and design in the library, with an emphasis on collections merchandising
- Designs that are inspired by the unique Thompson-Nicola Regional District geography
- Natural tones, textures and style, and introducing Natural Pod, a line of sustainably-made B.C. children’s furniture to inspire learning
- High-quality children’s interactive installations, made possible with the support of Interior Savings
- Bar seating which includes a bright, dynamic and spacious area for patrons to study, work, read or play
- Emphasis of showcasing community art on a rotating basis
- A refreshed community meeting room space, updated with more suitable furniture