Travel the world from the comfort of your own home! Your library can help you experience new places or plan a trip for the future. This month we’re visiting… Ireland!
- The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanagahedergauhaulia! Learn to pronounce Muckanagahedergauhaulia. Muckanaghederdauhaulia (Irish: Muiceanach idir Dhá Sháile, meaning “pig-marsh between two sea inlets”) is a 470-acre townland in the civil parish of Kilcummin in County Galway, Ireland.
- Halloween originated in Ireland
- St. Patrick wasn’t Irish
- More Irish people live outside of Ireland than in Ireland
- There no snakes in Ireland
- There are around 30,000 castles in Ireland
- Ireland is named after a goddess
Taste the Local Culture
When you travel are you all about sampling the local foods? Try cooking some yourself! How about some Traditional Irish Beef and Guinness Stew?
Have Some Fun!
Feel like some St. Patrick’s Day fun? Try a word search!