Meeting rooms are available for public use in some libraries. Not all library facilities have separate meeting rooms. Please check with your local library to see whether a library meeting room can be booked in your community.
Public use of Library meeting rooms is intended for gatherings of a civic, cultural or educational nature. Use of a meeting room does not imply the Library’s endorsement of the beliefs of the group using the room.
Book a time in one of our community meeting rooms online or through your local library. Select your branch below to get started.
Booking a Meeting Room
Kamloops Library has 1 community meeting room. Booking is restricted to 3 hour time periods and 4 bookings at one time.
Users must accept the terms and conditions upon booking a meeting room.
Thompson-Nicola Regional District Administrative Policy 10.1: Library Meeting Rooms
- Library programs and activities are given priority in scheduling use of the meeting/multi-purpose rooms.
- Persons and organizations using the Library’s meeting rooms must comply with all federal, provincial, and local government legislation.
- The Library does not endorse the views of individuals or organizations booking its rooms. Advertising of meetings or events taking place in library meeting rooms must not imply endorsement by the Library of the content of the program or event. The library logo is protected by copyright and may not be used without the express written consent of the TNRL.
- The Library has the right to refuse the use of the meeting room to any group/individual or cancel bookings without penalty.
- No admission fee may be charged by groups/individuals using the meeting room, nor may a collection be taken or funds solicited. Any direct sales must be approved by the Library. The only exceptions are authors or other performers who wish to sell their products during a library sponsored event.
- The booking party is responsible for setting up, tidying, cleaning and restoring the meeting room to the manner in which it was found.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of items used in the meeting rooms.
- Any damage to furnishings, equipment and/or room, and any extra janitorial costs incurred will be billed to the group and/or individual who booked the room.
- Persons booking library meeting rooms for afterhours use must be 19 years of age or older.
- A damage deposit and/or booking fee may be charged for use of meeting room space.
- Library meeting rooms are not soundproofed. Groups/individuals must avoid making excessive noise while using library meeting rooms.
- Library meeting room bookings will be forfeited if the user does not show up within 30 minutes of the start of the booking.
- All groups using library meeting rooms must read and agree to the terms and conditions set out in this policy.
If you can’t make it to your booking, no worries! You can always cancel through your confirmation email or by speaking with a staff member.
If you have not arrived within 30 minutes of the start of your scheduled booking time the room will be made available for others to book. If you will be late please let staff know so they can hold the room.